Did You Know?
There are thousands of seniors in Colorado living below 130% of poverty level.
The average income of our clients is only $690 per month.
SAC - Personal Data Protection Policy
LISTEN NOW! CLICK ON THE LINK and listen to our Executive Director-CJ Johnson's Colorado Conversation with Kelly Decker about our new pilot project - Road to the Hidden Hungry/Mobile Food Bank
DONATE OR VOLUNTEER TODAY!
How you can help!
Our mission is to promote the self-sufficiency of all seniors in Colorado and to ensure that no senior goes without the necessities of life, including food, shelter, and public services.
Services we provided
During the last fiscal year, the Senior Assistance Center (SAC) continued to provide
financial assistance to seniors to prevent eviction, utility shutoff and for medical
equipment. SAC also provided food at our food bank, clothing, blankets and
other services as shown below.
• Kept 22 families from becoming homeless
• Kept utilities connected for 324 families
• Provided emergency food assistance to 355 families
During the year the Senior Assistance Center:
• Distributed 8,561 bags of food
• Provided 22 wheelchairs or other medical equipment
• Provided 1,160 seniors with clothing or blankets
• Distributed 653 government commodities
• Distributed 2596 bus token
• Delivered 2193 Meals on Wheels
• Distributed 307 tickets to cultural or sporting events
In addition to those services the 19 staff members of SAC and over 365 volunteers provided
the senior community with information and referral, gave on-the-job training and
offered a senior citizens job program. Community members and our Board of Directors
volunteered an estimated 6,792 hours in the last fiscal year.