Distribution of Government commodities
The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) works to improve the health of low-income elderly persons sixty years of age and older by supplementing their diets with commodity foods.The commodity foods provided to participants do not provide a complete diet , but are designed to supplement the nutritional needs of participants and may include canned fruit juice, canned fruits and vegetables, farina, oats, ready-to-eat cereal, nonfat dry milk, evaporated milk, egg mix, dry beans, peanut butter, canned meat, poultry or tuna, dehydrated potatoes, pasta, rice, cheese, butter, and honey.
The Senior Assistance Center helped a total of 63 clients last month supplement their diets. Each month the Senior Assistance Center helps on the average 60-100 seniors receive government commodities.
Who is eligible?
● Seniors age 60 years of age or older, whose income is at or below 130% of the Federal poverty level.
What is needed?
● Photo I.D.
Photo Identification can be ONE of the following:
•State Issued driver's License or ID
•Foreign ID (Including Passport)
•Other Valid Photo ID - Veteran card
● Proof of Address
Proof of Address can be ONE of the following:
•Recent Rent Receipt
•Motor Vehicle Registration
•Recent Utility Bill
•Other recently received postmarked correspondence
● Proof of income
Proof of Income Eligibility can be ONE of the following:
•Social Security Award Letter/SSI/TPQY
•Subsidized Housing Verification
•Food Stamp Award Letter
•OAP/VA Pension Statement
•W2/Recent Pay Stubs/Employer Statement
How to apply?
● Must preregister with the SAC office located at 2839 W. 44th Ave Denver, Co 80211
● Registration hours are Tuesday thru Thursday from 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
● Your contact is Hope Anaya, phone: 303-455-9642
● Or email Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org
When do I receive the commodities?
● Clients receive commodities once a month.
● Commodities are distributed on the last Tuesday of the month
from 11:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M. at the SAC office located at 2839 W. 44th Ave., Denver, CO 80211